Saturday, June 21, 2014

Book Buddy - Working Women and communication

Some times before in 2012 my book buddy told me:

Building a new structure and foundation is going to be very important for you. It may feel as if the very foundation for your life has been shattered but beneath is something stable, strong and everflowing. I encourage you to find an outlet that draws out this strength and enables you to share what you know with others - here you will find purpose for your being and build a future foundation for others to walk. Be open to discovering what this is - it is already there waiting for your permission.

Your personal freedom can be found through communication - it does not need to be verbal or physical. Sometimes silence is far powerful than the spoken word. There is a perfect way waiting for you - if you are open to being the answer.

Affirm:
I am open to ways in which I can serve the world with who I am today
What I know can change the world
I am free in every way that is necessary for me to fulfil my purpose

Ask:
How can I be of service as a free and open channel? Your mind does not need to know the answer. Just asking the question will direct you to living the answer.

And she was:
Louise Gilbert | Author | I met my Soul in a Coffee Shop
Your Purpose Consulting Ltd
E: louise@imetmysoul.com | T: 0800 369 363 | M: 021 464 122

Soon I lost in touch with her...

But is grateful to find one in office....who is there to bring me out of my personal emotions and thoughts and help me enjoy my work..like a Santa Claus who takes a ride through the night and leaves presents for all children in the chimney; she has been our constant motivator ..Thank you Dunja...She has send me books beyond my count and recommended so many readings viz:



http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/rguides/us/memory_keeper.html

http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Castle-Memoir-Jeannette-Walls/dp/074324754X

http://www.amazon.com/Angelas-Ashes-Memoir-Frank-McCourt/dp/068484267X/ref=pd_sim_b_7

Alice Munro - Short stories:
http://www.amazon.de/Alice-Munros-Best-Selected-Stories/dp/0771065205/ref=sr_1_13?s=books-intl-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1386577946&sr=1-13&keywords=alice+munro+short+stories

A Perfectly Good Family: A Novel: Lionel Shriver:http://www.amazon.com/Perfectly-Good-Family-Novel/dp/0061239496/ref=la_B001HD3UCY_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1389818919&sr=1-5

Book =Buch, title = Titel : Ein ganzes halbes Jahr - a whole half year ....(One of her many gifts to me)




Not just books but she also shares thoughts and inspirations:

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/11/289018821/for-working-moms-key-to-balance-may-lie-in-elusive-leisure-time?utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20140316&utm_source=mostemailed

"The women who has given the interview is American. Culturally it is a bit different from Germany but the issues working women are sharing are worldwide the same. France is very advanced in childcare but still it is very difficult. But all women are facing similar issues.

The key message I got is that you have to ensure right from the beginning to involve your partner in everything. Otherwise we as women end up in a role being the father (going to work fulltime) like our father did and a mother as we try to organize everything and have a tendency trying to make everything a 100%.


When I listen to male colleagues in India I have the feeling that the young generation in India is changing much faster than in Europe. Praseed e.g. really cares about his daughters and is very much into family life. I think it is so great to see male colleges who take over responsibility rather than going to work and come home with the expectation that everything is done. I do really wonder how the society in India will change over the next 30 years…

The reason why I send you this interview is that you –like all working mothers in the world – need to take time out for yourself. You are in the beginning of your thirties but as we say in German – your batteries will be flat if you don’t do that. You work in a company with a young boss who has three children, I have kids and I am female and I think non of us will become upset if you take a day off every other month. You should do this Lavanya – only to take care about yourself – it is a gift what you can give to you and finally your family can take advantage from it too.

Don’t do the same mistakes as other women and think that you have to do everything a 100%. 85% is the 100% of a working mother ;-)"


Some of her most amazing advices have been 'Nothing happens for Nothing'; 'Don't forget - ME is nothing life threatening'. 'Don't go into your shell - don't close down, when someone is asking too much - Take the chance to send an email, SMS or call just to say "A,B,C are really getting on my nerves'; sometimes it helps. Not to speak about it does not mean you are week."

No comments: