Sunday, March 08, 2009

I stood like a tree.....


Monday, March 2nd 2009, morning when we moved the curtains in the room, it was white white and white...snow white everywhere, couldn’t see the roads....Don't know how the driver managed to drop us to office...Most of them in office were on leave.

Accumalations snarled traffic, travel, as storm pounded East cost with more than a foot of snow.

It wasn’t colder than a well-digger's elbow. That's called "a duck's cold" in French — So — "How cold was it?" I don't have a Johnny Carson answer to that. But then it would have been -5ºC That's about +25ºF. There were heaters everwhere, in the office, hotel rooms, cars...



I just can’t imagine; there are places like that. Thanks to the divine for making me live it….

Thanks to snow; I was back to action. Bye bye to paracetamol….which had kept me going for a week, might be because of jet lag.

It was very filmy, and we took so many pictures that day….and had send across to friends….and the responses where:

‘Are these pictures downloaded from google’?




‘Are these pictures real and taken by you...seems like pictures seen on Christmas greeting cards....lovely.......’

‘You haven’t changed much though. Any of us could have easily recognized you. Even after 17 years.’

And here goes the lines from Prabhu, who motivated me put up the articles in blog today:



I stood like a tree;
Like a tree without leaves!
In the midst of a whiteout;
Alone in the bliss!
I stood like a tree;
My frail arms, apart!
I stood like tree; a tree without leaves!

The peels of heaven;
The shimmering white!
Falling on me; mounting on me!
I neither did run;
I neither did wink!
(Eh, I didn’t either wish)
I stood like a tree; a tree without leaves!!

.. I thought of putting this up here, as there has been no updates in his blog for quite some times, and definitely, thats how trees out here are at this point of time!!!

and so goes the title of this blog...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one.

prabhu said...

.. like the rain beckons me, i heard it.. the gentle touch of you..on my window panes..! By the time i woke up.. it all were melted..!

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures..!