Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mexican Delight…


Here was yet another weekend, my colleagues had been to NewYork, but, I had some preoccupations and could not join them.

Finally met Abhi, and the biggest handicap here of not having a car, was resolved for a day..

Went to Bank of America, and exchanged the TC with cash….…don’t know why they said no earlier to others….the same lady of Delhi orgin, Shain Sheikh….Then we went to the mall…Macys….


behind the big horse….



After few hours of window shopping, at Disney stores, books shops, toy shops, had choclolates and the ' Starbucks Coffee' Capucinno (pronounced cap-oo-chi-no)of the Kannum Kannum Nokia fame took pictures. Purchased The Jungle Book: by Rudyard Kipling....and Abhi gifted the mugs...



We had a Mexican lunch at Rainforest Café, a wild place to shop and eat……


one of the favorite places of children, which reminded me of the Balarama Caves in Veegaland, with Kuttusan, Dagini, Luttapi….here it was monkeys, fishes, snakes, butterflies and the man carry the earth saying save the rain forest…..at Macys….I liked the place.

I had requested Abhi to order for me too since it was my first experience of Mexican food and he being more knowledgeable of the yet-to-be-experienced-yummy Mexican food! What he ordered was ‘Amazon Fajitas’ (Pronounced Fahitas) similar to that my friend who gives his heart away to anything that he comes across! Had put in his blog on ‘Xavier’……




And then things were similar:

There was the red sauce and the chapathi kind of roti; which is slightly thin and small in size, a hand full of rice which reminded me pulao, with a small quantity of salad and white cream color paste. Along with it, we were served an item of chicken with the sliced capsicum smashed, the cool coke…What he had was beef and soda…

The next session was demonstration and Abhi took the shoes of the demonstrator and me; the observer with my eyes set for learning! He placed a look-a-like-roti in his plate and placed beef (chicken) and capsicum;, the salad, the white paste and he rolled it up and held it like a pipe to blow! Yeah; now it was my turn to make my pipe; hmmm… interesting! And I succeeded in making an equally good yummy pipe! Made 4 pipes and blew it! Couldn’t have more; my stomach was full! And the bill to…but it was again courtesy….

The only difference being we did not put the rice in the roti, but had it separate. It was a great experience to have the rice with fork too.

The car stopped at our Hotel and he dropped me till the door, but did not come to our room…I Thanked him, he asked me what for…There were so many things….and after all that was the lesson we learned here, and when in Rome, we need to do as the Romans right…..

3 comments:

ചാത്തങ്കേരിലെ കുട്ടിച്ചാത്തന്‍. said...

yummy yummy mexican... you made our stomaches full!! excellant narration,,,

me ra said...

Credit for narration goes to my friend Prabhu...havent yet got his approval though...its from his blog...http://nightrain.rediffiland.com//scripts/xanadu_diary_view.php

prabhu said...

As you too assent.. it was undeniably a delight! I still look back to that twilight!