Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Year in Review....

Life and the year had its own plan, contrary to what was thought by us, It’s often said, ‘strange are the ways of destiny…you are here 1 minute ‘n your entire day is planned right to every second…’n then a small thing goes wrong and everything is in disarray....

Feelings are strongest at the time of meeting and departure; in the beginning and the end; Isn't it?

The year began with the Key Handing over of Hoysala flat, my parents dream, sisters desire, my abode; Oaty trip, Santhu-Lakshmi's wedding, shifting of the house, Guruvayoor-Munnar Trip with Sharyn in the first quarter.

Then on there were mixed surprises and feelings. Events cancelled; 4t Kochi; UK Trip; Inviting relatives and friends to the new home; time travelling and therefore, had fracture, but yes also there were the promotions, which proved that it is not only bullying and agressiveness that takes you up the ladder in professional life; so many gifts, new Honda Activa; the books; all mentioned before; but have missed the Awesome (Again Three!) from Claire and Vanessa through Gareth:

  • Wuthering Heights
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Sense & Sensibility
 Indeed the classics, I finished re-reading (It was part of rapid reader in our school) Wuthering Height, but am yet to do with Pride & Prejudice as well as Sense & Sensibility.

Well yes, there was also this Shiva Trilogy by Amish, of which only the first two are released, and have been read, waiting for the third, before I  post the details:

  • The Immortals of Meluha
  • The Secret of the Nagas
  • The Oath of the Vayuputras
Loved to see Sridevi back in action, in English Vinglish.

A strong friendship doesn't need daily conversation, doesn't always need togetherness, as long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.......Got to know who true friends where; spoke to an old friend now a leading Doctor in Kalyan after 18 years, Thanks to FB. No gift can be compared to a friend who is always there, and only time would say who they are; it was nice to meet Claire; Gareth and Dunja; But sad that some had to leave, either for the time being or for ever!

Some make me murmur: 'Aisa Zakam Diva Hai Jo Naa Phir Bharega'; some 'Kabhi Alvidha No kahena'; but at the end of the day; I realise 'Zindagi Ke Safar Main Gujar Jate Hai Jo Makaam woo Phir Nahi Athey'.

For me it was like the Mayan Age comming true; What is Mayan age? The dawn of a new consciousness? The beginning of a new era? Another day that has come and gone without anything happening? Probably a little of all of these! For me it surely is a great transition period.....and somewhat true.....We had 12-12-12 & 20122012; and finally the much awaited, 21-12-2012, before 2013.......


It was a cycle, Vanessa had her Baby; and I hope to see my father back in action; Miracles have happend and still happens, so why not wish for this one! The only wish!!!


“To wish was to hope, and to hope was to expect” - Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility


Let me restate from: My FRIEND Alex Thomas's gift on Virtues in 2009 end....

Health is the first of life,
Wealth is the next of life,
Characters Courage is the best of life,
Respect is must in life,
Turning is the test of life,
God's blessing is the crest of life,
Love is crucial for life,
Happiness is the perfume of life,
Truth is the search of life,
Death is the rest of life...

I will always need my Parents no matter what age I am ...... My parents have made me laugh... wiped my tears... hugged me tight...watched me succeed... saw me fall... cheered me on... kept me going strong...scolded me...motivated me...restricted me.....gave me liberty... . Parents are a promise from God that I will have a friend…forever!!!!...I love my parents..........Miss you when you are not around....When I said this in the beginning of the year, around their anniversary time, on returning from Oaty; I was not sure, what the year had enstored for us! But it was indeed a great year of togetherness, of love and understanding; one of the memorable years like1983-84;  1993-94 and 97-98.

There is so much to be written on the world around, but this by itself, has made the post too long, and I need to keep them short, so for now:

Wish you all a Very Happy 2013 ahead, may all be healthy,wealthy & together in love with the  blessings of the allmighty! For me, the only thing, I would want is to see my father healthy and active again!

2013: The first day of the rest of my life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also Mee
on a lighter note....i too read the shiva trilogys 2 books and I am impatiently waiting for the third one. Every 2nd week i check the net whether he has posted any updates.


if you like some more good reads...you can read sudha murthy's novels like 'mahaswetha' and 'gently falls the bakula'. Both are good reads. A sutle description of a feminine mind. More from a lady's point of view

Grees