Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Sacred Walk (KM) - Part 3- The Destination- Mansarovar & Kailash


Had the first glimpse of Mansarovar and southern tip of Kailash on 28th August at around 4.30 pm India time, which was around 7 pm at Mansarovar. We got down for the first darshan of the place, just got out of the bus, walked a little ahead and sat down and cried. It was a dream come true moment to be at that place, at that moment. So serene, words cannot describe the feel. The bus stopped there for sometime letting us absorb the reality. We were asked not to go near the water, untill some process were completed and we reach our destination.
Mansarovar in lush blue was indeed mesmerising, bewitching. We were yet to have it into us in full which was done next morning following the process Sadguru had designed for us. That made the experience even more incredible. Next morning; before sunrise we were seated in front of the lake before sunrise; ladies in front, men behind in rows with eyes closed, slow breathing through left nostrils and camphor water in left hand. After calling out Shiva and chanting Oam we were asked to slowly open our eyes a little. OMG what a mesmerising site! Reflection of Sun rays in the clear blue lake with swans going around; surrounded by serene mountains. Nothing between us. Thankfully I was in first row. No hinderances. Just Me and Mansarovar. Spend more than an hour there.Every time I looked at the lake, I felt a strong attraction. The water, although absolutely still, yet was so intense! I could simply sit there the entire day just looking at the lake.

From Mansarovar, we again got the glimpse of Kailash. It was such an overwhelming experience that I could not stop my tears. I bowed down to the divine mountain.

Afternoon we had our group photo and individual pics and videos there; some with the southerntip of Kailash and Mansarovar in one frame. Some of them went to the monastery near by. We sat on the banks of Mansarovar. In the evening there was A slight drizzle with Sun rays. Wow what a perfect time for a rainbow giving us a spectrum of wonder. Thought that was the ultimate bliss. But something more awaited us at night. At night also whenever I woke up, I used to come out and look at the Mansarovar.
Moonlight Mansarovar was enchanting. Now with the Moonrays I could not click the pic. But it's vivid in my inward eyes. Just out of this world.

Next morning we had to reach Derapuk to start the trek to Kailash. My body was going to meet my heart. Was so fresh and excited the next morning to reach Kailash kept chanting Om Nama Shivaya and Shambo Mahadeva.

On the very first day of the journey, we had Sathsang with Sadhguru. He said when you are trekking towards ‘Kailash’, be aware that you are actually walking on Shiva’s body so go with a certain reverence. I will be with you. Indeed he was with us guiding at every step. Though we had to book for potter a day before, on the spur of the moment just before we started the walk, through Dr. Asha Akka he asked me to take one, and walked with me all through. Onward it was just two of us, though we were to be a group of four.

Once we reached Yam-Dwar (gate to the god of death), we got ready for the trek of a lifetime!

I was very excited that I had finally reached the terrain of Shiva. From Yam-Dwar itself, I could distinctly feel the intensity of the place. The surroundings along the trekking route were so vibrant, it seemed as if even the stones were meditating, rivers were singing and all the mountains were reverberating with energy. The experience was so stunning that it made me silent for the lack of words to describe. I had never seen a place so serene and pure like this before in my life.
Looking at all the creation around me - the mountains, rivers, trees and animals made me realise that I am but just a tiny speck in this vast expanse. We tend to make ourselves so big in our thoughts and emotions but as compared to the boundless creation, we are so miniscule. We tend to give so much importance to ourselves but instead, if we can simply be the life that we are, it would be wonderful. As Sadhguru says, if we can break the shell of our personality, we will simply be a presence…just the way we are.

The feeling was so intoxicating and blissful that I wished I could stay there forever.
The sight of the west face was so overwhelming that I bowed down to the mountain and was then walking alone, chanting Shiv Shambho. We had our first break/rest/Tea at 10kms.

I started walking again. At times I was distracted, At times lost in thought and for sometime the very me analysing things.

Finally, we reached the north face of Kailash. The sight of Kailash from here was absolutely beautiful and mystical. The whole place was so vibrant and resonating with energy.
I was oozing with devotion in presence of Kailash, tears of joy kept flowing for no apparent reason. The magnificence of Kailash was just beyond the grasp of a logical mind - so huge, so vibrant.


Sadhguru had said that you can’t ask for petty things from a big man…if you have the courage, you carry him in your heart! I was, for sure, carrying Kailash with me.

Sadhguru said, “If you can be with Kailash even for a moment, your life will never be the same again.”
Next morning we had the process at Kailash. Looking at a point and concentrating helped us take more of Kailash within. Everyone could see/feel have different thought; presumably based on their state of mind. Some could see/ feel Shiva. I could feel a natural dam. Source of water, life, energy.

I was already feeling that my life was never going to be the same again. You can’t have a take away from Kailash. You can either leave a part of yourself there or you can dissolve with it.
We were asked to leave something behind - Anger, jealousy....we had Sathsang ; some went to monastery nearby. I did WhatsApp call to few well wishers...my mind was filled with gratitude; memories especially of father and grandparents and felt the need to reconnect.We were so kicked that everyone of the participants made it to Kailash... We just had to celebrate by dancing along with meditation ....🙏😊🙏 At night it was another blissful view that cannot be described. Star studded sky...Amazingly beautiful...we even saw the pole Star.

And as all good things have to end, our rendezvous with the Kailash was also coming to an end. It was time to return. Obviously nobody wanted to go. On the way back, it felt as if we reached Yam-Dwar so soon although I was walking so slowly. I did not want to cross the Yam-Dwar and return in this world!

At Yam-Dwar, the sky being clear, When I reached the second bus was about to leave. I could either go in it or wait for bus 3. I was confused. Could not stop my tears. Had to be back to reality.

Could reap the benefits of being low in anger. Amma asked me to give up non veg. I was thinking of giving up freedom and becoming more responsible.

Praveen Anna asked us to say in one word what we were taking from Kailash - For me it was endeavourance. My heart fills with joy unspeakable and with gratitude manifold for the grace of Shiva, Sadhguru and support of so many around..Indeed Har Har Mahadeva!



Fascinating Kailash & Mansarovar with people from across the globe.



2 comments:

Rashmi said...

Wow v proud of u Chechi . Ur writing style is incredible.. Felt as if I was walking with u

me ra said...

Thanks dear. Writing is just average, but wanted to share the experience and pictures with all - as I would love others to share with me, when they visit places. So a humble try.