Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kathaparayumbol - A Malayalam Movie





It is indeed a great movie to watch. The postures for advertising the movie is a bit misleading...

Story of the movie is a simple, well told one about a village barber,whose childhood friend is now a famous cine actor. By co-incidence this film actor comes to the village for a film shooting and the story turns around that. At the end of the movie everyone will be in a dilemma whether the superstar Mammotty or the family entertainer Srinivasan (Balan) is the hero of this movie.

In the beginning when Balan is in need of money, there is nobody to give him, but when the super star is into their village, all are around him, but he is hesitant to go and meet his old friend, wondering if the super star would still remember him. His basic character does not allow him to do so. But there is this superstar who tells about their friendship, and that the school days are the best part of once life......

I just could not keep away my mind from Johns Amma......

Also at times Srinivasan resembeled my own father....

And the daughter, isnt it nice to see the same girl, who said Ayoo acha pogaley, now saying eniku krithyam ayee fees kodukuna kutty ayial mathi....

Also remembered Godwin, asking Jancy aunty, why did you marry a black man? Why am a dark??

Mammotty speech in the end was though provoking, though there were comments about his cry.

Also there was some resemblence, a bit modern way of the Krishna & Kujelans story.

Yesterday, on my way back from Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital, meeting Wilson Chettan, Dolly and Darsana asked me if I would accompany them the next day for this movie. Since I am not used to watching malayalam movies out in theater, and weekends means going home, I said No.

But at night Sajeev asked, if I belived in friendship, and if yes, I should watch the movie. Thara too told me the same. So I thought again this week no going home, its afterall not always...Then I got to know it was Srinivasns movie....I liked his Chinthavishteyayea Shyamala very much, and had always felt that it is a must watch movie, for all.....

Morning we didnot get the ticket for it, and again we had to go in the evening, though it was released sometimes back, and there were other movies going on in the next theater of Mohanlal and Dileep, which are comparatively new, but the rush was lesser. Definitely they would have the advantage of people who had come to watch Kathaparayumbol but didnot get the tickets...

One thing is sure, the word of mouth is the best advertisment, which would be delivered, only if the product is really good.

2 comments:

ചാത്തങ്കേരിലെ കുട്ടിച്ചാത്തന്‍. said...

കഥപറയുമ്പോള്‍ ഞാനും കണ്ടു. പക്ഷെ താങ്കള്‍ പറയുന്ന പോലെ ‘ഗ്രേറ്റ്’ ആയി തോന്നിയില്ല. [എന്റെ പെര്‍സെപ്ഷന്‍........]

Film is not just for entertainment. It should have some message. I liked movies like .. Life is beautiful [Eng] Anbe Sivam [Tamil] Chintha vishtayaya syamala [Mal]Mr. & Mrs. Iyyer ...

I never expected such a movie from Srinivasan. And the song is horrible....

me ra said...

Hindi remake...Billu Barber...but not as effective as this...