Sunday, February 04, 2018

New Beginning


Unlike every year; this year missed posting during the end of December and in the beginning of Jan. Nevertheless life goes on.

If I have learned anything, it is that I won’t ever be ready for what life throws at me. I won’t have the right words when it counts; I won’t know what to choose when fate itself is staring me down. But now I know I don’t always need to have the right answer.



I’ve learned I can go on waiting for something, sustained by hope and nothing more – or I can put it aside and shrung my shoulders. Bravely accept the fact that I can’t keep my heart safe any more than I can stop love from taking everything from me.



I have learned to stop saying yes when I don’t mean it – to live as authentically as I know how. To allow the tips of my fingers to skirt the darkness, as long as I remember to keep my eyes fixed on the light. And as one door opens and another closes, I will move forward with the knowledge that unlike so many others, I have another year ahead of me – another shot at making it all the way around the sun, and a chance to get it right this time around.

No comments: