Saturday, June 27, 2015

Hamari Adhuri Kahani



Not sure...was busy in office...did not even know about this movie...heard half of a dialogue and there I go...within minutes...I was in the theater watching the movie on the day of release...

Though there were many negative comments on it, I do not regret having seen it.

The movie opens with a woman (Vidya - old but hair dyed) getting off from the bus at Chatisghar, she tumbles and falls down after walking a few steps. An elderly man (Hari) is seeing psychiatrist about hallucinations of his wife, & he is then recruited by his son's wife who takes him to his wife's funeral, where he steals her ashes and leaves a diary for his son.

It then jumps to past where, Vasudha (Vidya Balan) is a florist and a single mother whose husband is missing for five years, bound to traditions she has been waiting for him since he left her. Vasudha meets Aarav Ruparel ( Emraan Hashmi) in one of his hotels, where she works as a floral arranger. Here we have some unnecessary dialogues.


She becomes romantically involved with a Aarav;her husband Hari ( Rajkumar Rao) returns....And thus they Vidya and Aarav become like Radha and Krishna.

It had some puch dialogues; some were little too much.

You also love me very much, but you won't say that ... you'll wriggle without me but you won't show that ... you want to come to me, you want to hug me and cry, you want to stay in my heart but you won't stay ... but I'm not like you ... I can't live without saying that I love you.

The mother son story is touching. But there is something missing, some mismatch between past and present in the movie. Though Vidya was cool...not as ever...

Oh my God....2nd movie in the theater in such a short span of time...May be making up for the lost years...

No comments: