Thursday, April 29, 2010

Super daa Super….

Was nice reading What’s on my mind, in my cousins profile: Now that Chennai has won IPL this year, I can boast that I was the lucky charm :-) Super da....namma Super Kings...rite name for the IPL team. I wonder why people use "Super" so much in Chennai. Super padam, super rasam, super road, super sambar, super-da-macha, super-da-super !!!!

So true right….

And belive me, when you think more, its true of most of the team names, they have something to do with the place/owners:

Mumbai Indians; Indeed Mumbai is Mini India...
Royal Challengers Bangalore; the Royals....
Deccan Chargers
Delhi Daredevils
Kings XI Punjab
Kolkata Knight Riders
Rajasthan Royals

And now Sahara Pune Warriors and unnamed Kochi….owned by Rendezvous Sports Limited

The winners so far were:

In 2008 Rajasthan Royals Runner up Chennai Super Kings

In 2009 Deccan Chargers Runner up Bangalore Royal Challengers but the Super Kings were in Semis...

And now in 2010 Chennai Super Kings runner up Mumbai Indians: Though MI were in the finals the first year , they were the heroes of this series...


Let us wait and watch what is instore for tomorrow....

No comments: