Thursday, April 30, 2020

C2C - Rishiji.....


Thank you, Good Bye, RIP ----The Journey continue, with followers.....Covid with mass illness and deaths on one side and on the other side another set of daily nightmares - One tragedy after another. Not fair Universe. Let this pass away soon. Can we have a better 2020? Life is highly unpredictable, We're not promised a tomorrow .

First seen in a song in the film Sree 420, as a child, followed by Mera Nam Joker, and then as a lead actor, in Bobby Oh my goodness gracious. The Bobby hero, Rishi Kapoor, goes.He died on 30 April 2020 from complications of bone marrow cancer (Some mention as leukemia) , aged 67. After being diagnosed with cancer in 2018, he underwent treatment in New York for almost a year. In September 2019, he returned to India but was rarely seen in public since.

Born Rishi Raj Kapoor, in Chembur, Bombay, in a Punjabi family, he was the second son of actor-director Raj Kapoor and grandson of actor Prithviraj Kapoor. He appeared opposite his wife Neetu Singh (married 1980) in twelve films between 1973 and 1981, they got married on 22 January 1980. "I had a horrible first meeting with Rishi Kapoor. He had a habit of bullying, so he would comment on my make-up and clothes, and I'd feel so angry. He was actually a brat who would bully everyone and I was very young at that time. I used to be furious with him," said Neetu.

The couple had two children—actor Ranbir Kapoor, born 28 September 1982, and designer Riddhima Kapoor Sahani, born 15 September 1980. Rishi Kapoor's autobiography Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored, was released on 15 January 2017. Kapoor wrote the book along with Meena Iyer, the same year he won number of award as Best Actor in a Comic Role for Kapoor & Sons; though there were few more movies, enacted even after that - a notable one being 102 not out.


"People often ask me what institute have I been to. And I always tell them that I've graduated from the University of the Kapoors. I've learnt everything in this school. It is here that I learnt to overcome failure, hurt, pain. My experiences have taught me a lot," Rishi had said. "I'm sincere to my work and to my family because I've experienced a lot from the lifestyles of my grandfather, my father, my uncles, my brothers. I've deliberately stayed away from things that could possibly affect my family life. The only thing that I haven't been able to stay away from is alcohol. I don't know how that has happened. Maybe because my father too was a big drinker, I guess," he said. I am reminded of Raj Kapoor's funeral - what a crowd it was! Rishi's family was by his side when he breathed his last and his funeral will take place at Marine Lines Chandanwadi near the hospital. Rishi Kapoor was hospitalised in Mumbai's Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital after this condition deteriorated. His brother Randhir Kapoor had shared the news that the actor had been kept in ICU as his cancer has relapsed. His children would miss the funeral, 20 people who got permission to attend are:

Some of his last tweets were:

An appeal Folded hands to all brothers and sisters from all social status and faiths. Please don’t resort to violence,stone throwing or lynching. Doctors,Nurses,Medics, Policemen etc..are endangering their lives to save you. We have to win this Coronavirus war together. Please. Jai Hind!


He remained jovial and determined to live to the fullest right through two years of treatment across two continents. Family, friends, food and films remained his focus and everyone who met him during this time was amazed at how he did not let his illness get the better of him.

It was actor Amitabh Bachchan who has shared the news of his friend and co-star Rishi's passing away. In his tweet, he wrote, "T 3517 - He's GONE .. ! Rishi Kapoor .. gone .. just passed away .. I am destroyed !"

Both deaths - unfortunate, a big loss for film industry. From Cancer to Corona to Cancer. One at 54, another at 67 - Sridevi also passed away at 54. Hope they have met in heaven, and Rishi and Sridevi are dancing to the tunes of Chandini.

No comments: