Friday, June 04, 2021

Covid Toll Continue

Got up to the message, our colleague Praveen passed away. It could be one death for data - but he was a son, a husband, a brother,  a colleague, a friend, a cousin, so many relationships. So untimely. Very ambitious person. Just married, constructed his own house, and was planning to move in next month. It had been less than three years since they got married.  

This was soon after the message that Mili's husband passed away. Both she and had husband had tested positive a month before and where in hospital. She got discharged and her husband was out of ICU.  They celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary over phone. 

When she had got discharged she had posted a message in FB saying:

"I am a person who strongly believe in the power of good vibes and prayers. So, anytime I'm in trouble, I'm always too vocal about it as I know the love, positive vibes, encouragement, suggestions from my friends would give me strength to fight back with my current situation, no matter wherever they are on this planet. 

May 1st, I tested positive of covid along with my husband. He had serious symptoms n I got busy taking care of him unaware that it would catch up on me soon. I ensured to buy an oximeter the same day as I had foreseen a good part of it coming, husband had got hospitalized with severe condition n was in ICU for 4 days. He's still in hospital recovering. It hits you when you are least expecting, on 8th day my oxygen saturation levels dropped n I had breathlessness. 

From day 1, our own angel Dr. Dhanya Sukumaran , my cousin kept monitoring our condition from another country n her timely instructions saved us both. We used to take utmost precautions but you never know until it hits you. My son had no symptoms n thanks to awesome media coverage all around, the 11year old thought that we will be dead soon. Now, that's where it breaks you emotionally when you are helpless. It took my family to connect him on Google meet to convince him that we will live. Tough days my apartment friends n authorities were of great support getting us provisions n food for my child. 

8th May, I had breathlessness, my feable voice message was enough for Dhanya to know it's time, I made n number of calls to all concerned to have an ambulance to reach hospital ASAP. Left son alone at home, who was later taken home by my brother. 

Lucky to be in Kerala in a situation like this, ambulance service was prompt, medical help I got the moment I reached hospital was excellent. Throughout the way I had health inspectors, doctors, counselors calling me up to check on me n asking me to stay awake. In hospital, saw the angels in PPE kits tirelessly catering to patients rushing in left right center. For once n many times I felt their height of discomforts faced to save lives n that too with so much patience. I saw them dripping in sweat inside their PPE n still being so nice n cordial to all patients. Those things are not a great thing to be inside though it is for their own safety. But for once what we all as a service back to all front line workers n medicos cud do is do our best to stay safe, respect their work, show them love and gratitude. Value the only life we have and stay safe. 

........

Adding about getting favors in most unexpected ways, toothpaste n food shared by the uncle in adjacent bed. A good samaritan, a person I don't even know identity, got me besdsheets, fruits, water n juice. All arranged by Dhanya. An ex-colleague who arranged for my urgent meds via panchayat as I couldn't get hold of it due to strict lockdown. An aunty in the ward made tea for all every morning. They all had their own share of horrors but we stayed together strong.

Yes I'm overwhelmed with all the love showered n know that I'll be always there for you. 

This is the only life I have got, I got a second chance n there is no way I'm going to take it for granted. I owe you all for my sweet life. 

Thank you one and all... 

Stat safe, be blessed.. Love you all 💕🙏

Ankur Bhatia, the Executive Director of Bird Group, passed away today morning after a massive cardiac arrest. He was 48. Bhatia is credited to have brought the Amadeus brand to the Indian sub-continent in 1994, which today provides travel technology for travel agents and airlines. Amadeus celebrated 25 successful years of operations in India in 2019. Well many have been dying, why mention about this? Ankur Bhatia, the owner of Indigo airlines, IBIS hotel and Roseate Hotel, of 1990 batch of Modern School Vasant Vihar passed away today at the age of 48 due to a sudden cardiac arrest as he was on a cycle ride today morning. He had just recovered from COVID-19 a few weeks back. 

This is a grim reminder to not overdo things till 3 months after full recovery. Bhatia is survived by his wife Smriti Bhatia, who is an architect, and his two kids- Arnav and Saina.

https://travel.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/aviation/domestic/ankur-bhatia-is-no-more/83228867

And as we end the day, there is a news that Gigeesh friend was feeling unwell, went to hospital at around 5 pm, got antigen test done which turned out to be positive, and by 7.30 there is phone call, he passed away. 

No comments: