Monday, November 28, 2022

I've Never been (Un) Happier - Shaheen Bhatt



As this book got into my hands in the library, had not heard about the writer, nor did expect it to be one as read and by the person who wrote it. 

I've Never been (Un) Happier by Shaheen Bhatt - unwittingly known as Alia Bhatt's older sister, screenwriter and fame-child, Shaheen Bhatt's is written to be a quiet story of restraint.

She writes "I don't write about My Experience with depression to defend the legitimacy of my pain. My pain is read, it does not come to me because of my lifestyle and it is not taken away by my lifestyle."

Shaheen was diagnosed with depression at the age of eighteen, and it's believed that she has been already battling with it, for over 5 years. Since when did it start? Seeing Pooja and Alia doing the photo shoot and she being left aside? 

Book has amazing family pics, and thought provoking, writings, from her dairy. 

No comments: