Friday, December 31, 2021

Mumbai Dharshan

Thanks to Geeta, I could have the privilege to have yummy food made by her bhabi and visit friends before others joined, few couple of days, her home was mine, and Vivana Mall my second home. 

Entry home awaited my favorite thali:



Her family became my extended family and her nephew's mine.  Nithesh was just the same, caring, considerate and composed. I was mismerised by Deven, he calling me buva, blew me off and Yash was always different, the three times I met him. Her mother was just the same. Was in her house the first day, went to Kargar/Vashi the second, to Meet John's parents - their house was very well kept and was glad to see how happy Aunty, uncle and John were and be part of another time with them around Christmas:





and the third day went to Kalyan. Met my friends from 4th standard to college - Sarita, Smita, Juhi, Geeta - went to School. 



Wanted to meet so may, but could not. My mother and Geeta kept saying, I am like kitanu - I enter anywhere. Everyday had surprised good and bad. Lost the bag of paintings at the airport, got the news Rajesh is not joining, Prasanth was working in Thane, Ghatkopar aunty is in Kerala, and highlight was could not attend wedding and reception because of ill health watched it on you tube live.












Reached Ghatkopar - exactly at the same time as my sis and family on the day of their arrival - like planned. Had excellent host there as well - Sujatha Chechi and Raju Chettan  and the bonus was Spiky - the dog that took away the fear of my nephew. But we missed their children and mother. Raju Chettan took us to Gateway of India, showed us around Mumbai, had yummy dish from Hajji Ali - so how only eaters from there could park the car and others were fined, saw places of importance in and around, went through one way and came through the other. Spoke to Prasanth, and was surprised to know he worked at Thane. We had Pav Bhaji from Achija and walked home. 






Next day visited Siddhi Vinayak Temple - had to prebook, Mahalakshmi Temple/Haji Ali, Babulnath temple and Elephanta caves. 

When we were at the restaurant for morning breakfast Rajuchettan called and asked us which restaurant we are having break…I looked around saw budweiser written on the wall and said budweiser restaurant… so all had a good laugh 😃 no restaurant name was not budweiser… it was the famous beer brand ad...I became popat.

Saw Regal Theater, had best Mumbai Biryani from Delhi Durbar.










 Visited Sujatha Chechi's parents at night. 







Next day before going for the wedding went to temple as it was father's death anniversary, Also went to Goregaon met Prabha Uncle and family and had hearty laugh, after the mehndi eve.  Though that was the main agenda of the visit, it looks smaller, in the wider activities done. Loved knowing and seeing how the gen. next is comming up though we missed. The cycle of life. 

Those we love don't go away, They walk beside us everyday. Unseen, unheard, but always near. So loved, so missed, so dear. 





No comments: