Monday, May 31, 2021

Friends - Reunion


One things that brought a smile on many a face across the world during this time is Friends Reunion. Also known as "The One Where They Get Back Together",  left the fans in awe, and seeing them, most felt like they had never left. It's a bit more fun than sitting and chatting, with guests etc.  It was like looking at meeting up with old friends where you catch up where you left off as if it was yesterday. That was the most endearing thing and what made the show so special in the first place. It was emotional to watch. Love them all.

The sitcom, created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on NBC from September 22, 1994, to May 6, 2004, lasting ten seasons was an escapism for many then, as the reunion was now. Friends received acclaim throughout its run, becoming one of the most popular television shows of all time. starring Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green, Courteney Cox as Monica Geller, Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay, Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani, Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing and David Schwimmer as Ross Geller, the show revolved around six friends in their 20s and 30s who lived in Manhattan, New York City. 


From season one to season 10 and 25 years later, the six have changed in their looks, and may things have changed in their lives. But the love of the viewers have just increased, and the title song is still so relevant especially today, and is loved by many:

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke
Your love life's DOA
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year, but
I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)
You're still in bed at ten
And work began at eight
You've burned your breakfast
So far, things are going great
Your mother warned you there'd be days like these
But she didn't tell you when the world has brought
You down to your knees that
I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)
No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows
What it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with
Make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst, I'm best with you, yeah
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year
I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)
I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

The reunion also featured some other memorable characters like Maggie Wheeler (Janice), Reese Witherspoon (Jill Green), James Michael Tyler (Gunther), Elliott Gould and Christina Pickles (Jack and Judy Geller), and Larry Hankin (Mr Heckles). However, some notable actors who could not make it to the reunion were Paul Rudd, Cole and Dylan Sprouse. Paul played Phoebe’s husband in the show while the Sprouse twins played Ross Geller's son Ben. The Guests were Lady Gaga, BTS and many more.

Interesting this was just 5 years after we had our Friends shoot out. Missing them terribly.


As it's said, I believe in angels, one's that God sends, I believe in angels and call them my friends. 

No comments: