Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Chandran Uncle


 


Uncle you will be greatly missed.  Have heard of you since childhood, but started interacting with you since 1994, and even more since 2000. 

It was around the time of your fathers death, I got to know and meet the full family, and all of it feel like just yesterday. 

I remember how you would be there for us, for everything, irrespective of our asking or informing. When I first got my job and moved to this side, on the day of joining hostel, even before we reached, you were there. Those were the days of no mobile phone, I wonder how you knew.  Thara stayed at your home during the Industrial Training days. 

In my second innings again I went with them , my mom had kept a surprise mobile in my bag for me, which kept ringing when me and aunty had been to a silent place.

Then the discussion on Income tax and return filing, place hunt for Thara, and my Achan's Chemo. For Achan it was you and Panku Uncle his constant companions, Arvi Uncle was more like his elder brother. 


 Kakkachan - Kakkanad Chandran,  that is what people called him as he was dedicated to his work and would never leave Kakkanad.  But once retired as DGM, his heart and mind was in Potta. 

Am curious to know what happens after death, have you met my dad in heaven? Have the friends met? How is all there? How are you? Both of you still in Potta? 




Not over it, and here comes the news of another death. Raghavan Uncle. It's interesting how people meet in life. How they connect . And then what happens?




No comments: