Thursday, June 30, 2022

Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul - Jack Canfield


 Yes Vs. No

The inner voice. You decide when to say Yes, and when to say No. 

Poem - No. Story - Yes . If you try, you succeed, if you don't you can try again. 

Be a Queen

EDITORS' NOTE: Over the years, we have been inspire by messages about love and the power of choice that great women of the world have given us. One of the most inspiring messages has come through the words, actions, and examples of one of the world's most loved and respected women, Oprah Winfrey. Continually she reminds us that within every woman lies a queen, waiting to claim her glory.

Referring to a theme used by Marianne Williamson in her book A Woman's Worth, Oprah said the following in a commencement address to the graduates of all-female Spelman College in 1993:

Be a queen. Dare to be different. Be a pioneer. Be a leader. Be the kind of woman who in the face of adversity will continue to embrace life and walk fearlessly toward the challenge. Take it on! Be a truth seeker and rule your domain, whatever it isyour home, your office, your familywith a loving heart.

Be a queen. Be tender. Continue to give birth to new ideas and rejoice in your womanhood ... My prayer is that we will stop wasting time being mundane and mediocre ... We are daughters of Godhere to teach the world how to love ...

It doesn't matter what you've been through, where you come from, who your parents arenor your social or economic status. None of that matters.

What matters is how you choose to love, how you choose to express that love through your work, through your family, through what you have to give to the world ...

Be a queen. Own your power and your glory!

Oprah Winfrey

Mrs. Smith had an opportunity to ask the little boy what had happened to his eye. He considered her question for a long moment, then replied, lifting the patch, "There's nothing wrong with my eye. I'm a pirate!" Then he returned to his game.

Ruby's arms. "Grandma, I've spilled my honey all over your brand new carpet."

Grandma Ruby knelt down, looked tenderly into Sheena's tearful eyes and said, "Don't worry sweetheart, we can get you more honey."

Lynn Robertson - Page 71

Angela's Word

When Angela was very young,

Age two or three or so,

Her mother and her father

Taught her never to say NO.

They taught her that she must agree

With everything they said,

And if she didn't, she was spanked

And sent upstairs to bed.

So Angela grew up to be

A most agreeable child;

She was never angry

And she was never wild;

She always shared, she always cared,

She never picked a fight,

And no matter what her parents said,

She thought that they were right.

.

.

.

.

But one cold night near Christmastime

When her family was in bed,

She lay awake as awful thoughts went spinning through her head;

She didn't know why, and she didn't know how,

But she wanted her life to end;

So she begged Whoever put her here

To take her back again.

And then she heard, from deep inside,

A voice that was soft and low;

It only said a single word

And the word it said was ... NO.

From that moment on, Angela knew

Exactly what she had to do.

Her life depended on that word,

So this is what her loved ones heard:

.

.

.

.

Today Angela's a person first, then a mother and a wife.

She knows where she begins and ends,

She has a separate life.

She has talents and ambitions,

She has feelings, needs and goals.

She has money in the bank and

An opinion at the polls.

And to her boy and girl she says,

"It's nice when we agree;

But if you can't say NO, you'll never grow

To be all you're meant to be.

Because I know I'm sometimes wrong

And because I love you so,

You'll always be my angels

Even when you tell me NO."

Barbara K. Bassett - Page 80/140


Just Say Yes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Helen Keller

I'm a standup comic. I was working at a radio station in New York, doing the weather as this character called June East (Mae West's longlost sister). One day, a woman from The Daily News called and said she wanted to do an article on me. When she had finished interviewing me for the article, she asked, "What are you planning to do next?"

Well, at the time, there was absolutely nothing I was planning on doing next, so I asked her what she meant, stalling for time. She said she really wanted to follow my career. Here was a woman from The

Daily News telling me she was interested in me! So I thought I'd better tell her something. What came out was, "I'm thinking about breaking the Guinness Book of World Records for Fastest-Talking Female."

I tell them

I live my life by this simple philosophy: I always say yes first; then I ask, Now, what do I have to do to accomplish that?

Then I ask myself, What is the worst thing that can happen if I don't succeed? The answer is, I simply don't succeed! And what's the best thing that can happen? I succeed!

What more can life ask of you? Be yourself, and have a good time!

Fran Capo

No comments: